Two years ago, Juan José Correa and Jane Sarmiento attended a lecture by Jaime Rodríguez, an Ecuadorian Ufologist, known throughout the country. At first, they had decided to listen to the man who talked about UFOs to know “what was going on”. Both were curious. At the conference Juan and Jane met Eduardo Ortega, who was 15 years old at the time. Eduardo, unlike his future friends, knew about Ufology. He had read books related to the phenomenon and was interested in expanding his knowledge about these extraterrestrial objects. The now colleagues and friends met at the conference and listened to Rodriguez, who told them…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?