The Museum of Modern Art has installed some new exhibitions for the city’s independence holidays. The first will exhibition is “La fiesta”, a drawing and watercolor show by artist Mayra Silva, whose work “is characterized by small characters with party and identity characteristics”. This exhibition opened on Wednesday, in the gallery of the City Hall. On Thursday 31, \the Museum opened a collective exhibition called “6 rooms” that is showcasing paintings and installations and audiovisuals, by artists Diego Molina, Israel Muñoz, Priscila Urdiales, Damián Sinchi, Carlos Heredia and Jhonathan Mosquera. Finally, on November 2 and 3, a colloquium was scheduled with people…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?