A framework agreement for inter-institutional cooperation on issues related to corruption was signed between the Anti-Corruption Secretary of the Presidency of the Republic, Dora Ordonez and the rector of the University of Cuenca, Pablo Vanegas. According to the Anti-Corruption Secretary, both institutions will build lines [of cooperation] around this theme through scientific and academicresearch projects. The agreement will be in place for two years. This agreement will allow the promotion of spaces to deal with corruption with expert investigators and thus encourage their debate with students. Dissemination and promotion activities (courses, conferences, seminars, workshops and forums) aimed at citizens and public servants on issues of transparency,…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?