On Friday, October 25, 2019, Mayor Cuenca, Pedro Palacios, inaugurated the new pedestrian crossing and sports area in Miraflores. These works that will benefit the more than 30 thousand inhabitants of the El Vecino parish. The park includes an area of almost 10,000 square meters with two multipurpose courts with a hard platform for sports such as indoor football, ecu-volly and a high-impact platform court for basketball practice. For football, three synthetic grass courts were installed that will allow continuous practice of the sport. The total amount spent on this bridge and sports area was $632,744. In addition, a 460 square meter food court…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?