The Urban Agriculture Program (PAU), has been designed for two specific purposes: to strengthen community relationships and to generate vertical orchards that allow individuals to recycle waste generated at home to generate life and to sow and obtain food production for families. The formula is simple, for three months, technicians have implemented the technique of vertical orchards in the urban parishes of the city. The first results, the first harvests of these foods, is expected in December. So far, the reactions of citizens to the project is very good; the people of the neighborhoods have been extremely open to receive assistance in growing their…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?