Elements of the Colombian Navy advanced an operation of maritime interdiction in the sanctuary of Fauna and Flora of Malpelo, in the jurisdiction of Valle del Cauca. During the operation, they seized 270 kilos of illegal fish on an Ecuadorian flagged vessel, with three Ecuadorian crew members on board. The operation was carried out by the Coast Guard of the Pacific Naval Force, with support from the ARC Ocean Patrol “Punta Soldado.” The military intercepted a fishing vessel, named “Karla Juliet,” whose occupants were operating fishing activities illegally and indiscriminately. During the inspection of the boat, illegal fish specimens were…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?