The Planetarium needs to update its equipment. Take for example the equipment for screening of films; it’s over six years old and obsolete, having been purchased in 2013 when the Planetarium was restored. The four “RSA Cosmos Planetarium Designer,” high-powered image and sound computers were acquired in France. This is where all the films that are presented in the dome are stored, and they require a LOT of memory. Juan Diego Cárdenas, Director of the Planetarium, points out thatthe renovation of these devices is set out in the Annual Operational Plan (POA) for 2020. “We have to wait for the response and availability of the municipal…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?