Andrés Torres from Mexico and Jessica Guzmán from Mexico, both 20, enjoyed the sea and the sun in the La Lobería sector, in Salinas, last Sunday afternoon. At an unexpected moment, the two young people were dragged offshore by several waves. The incident occurred just after 5:00 p.m. Some people observed the fact from the tourist viewpoint site. José Luis Mazón was one of them. He said that when he saw the two people moving away from the shore, a young man asked for a Boogie board and threw himself into the sea to try to save the couple, who were already 150…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale