Deportivo Cuenca will be one of the clubs with the lowest budget in the 2020 season. Yet, the monthly payroll of the football team (and coaching staff) is set at $100,000. The maximum amount any one player will be paid is $8,000 a month. According to Juan Serrano, president of the Football Commission, he has tried to bring players in at the lowest possible cost, depending on supply and demand. “The players who earn the most will receive a monthly salary of $8,000, the others are below that value.” There is another item for travel, food, lodging, etc. However, due…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale