A total of 93,825 vehicles were registered in Cuenca in 2019. That’s 919 more than the 92,906 that were on the roads in 2018. This is in a city that has parking for about 112,000 cars. In January 2019, 3,484 cars were registered in Cuenca. In February that number was added to by another 6,739 car registrations. The trend continued with 8,544 more cars registered in March, 8,351 more in April, 9,087 more in May, 8,398 more in June, and 10,212 more in July. Registration numbers then slowly dropped for the remainder of the year with 9,157 cars registered in August, 8,280 in…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?