The impact of the commercial agreement with the European Union (EU) in the automotive sector—that marks its fourth year of a total of seven years in 2020—is reflected in the sale of European vehicles in the Ecuadorian market. According to the Association of Automotive Companies of Ecuador (Aeade), at the end of 2019, the position of European vehicles in the Ecuadorian market was 6.4% (around 8,500 units sold), very similar to 2018 (8,810), but significantly higher than the 2 % market share in 2016 (1,519 units). Genaro Baldeón, CEO of Aeade, says that the reduction of European vehicle tariffs has…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale