Cuenca and National Criminal Activity (Cuenca) A woman and her 20-year-old son have been arrested by the Police for the crime of extortion. The police report notes that after learning of the complaint made by two citizens about telephone calls to demand the delivery of $300 to return a television that was stolen from them, the agents of the National Subdirectorate of Investigations Against the Crime of the Right to Property opened an investigation to locate the criminals. On Sunday afternoon, on Loja Avenue, Bryan V. and his mother Sileny Q. were arrested with a television, a remote control and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale