Cuenca Mayor signs 19 new contracts for city work The Mayor of Cuenca, Pedro Palacios, signed 19 contracts to carry out works in the urban parishes of Cuenca for a little more than $2.4 million. These works involve rigid paving, telephone channeling, electrical channeling, walls, sidewalks, curbs, signaling and mitigation of environmental impacts, which will be carried out in the parishes Monay, Yanuncay, Machángara, Brother Miguel and El Vecino. In these parishes, a total of 2.86 km of paving will be executed. Víctor Rodas, leader of the Tomebamba citadel, says that “these works have been expected by the residents for some time now…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?