Just in their first year of operations, Glovo has become leader in food and courier operations in Ecuador, says its CEO for Ecuador, Daniel Arevalo. Its growth has been running at 50% every month since the beginning of the year. Its areas of operation are primarily Quito, Guayaquil and Cuenca. The Spanish company was founded in Barcelona, in 2015, and it began operations in Ecuador in 2018. In 2019, Glovo bought 100% of the shares of Domicilios.com, allowing them to enter the Azuayan market. “Our most valuable characteristic is that we have multiple categories of items that we can deliver.…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients