The World Bank is currently engaged in a $2 billion investment with Ecuador. This investment includes assessment for social and work policies. Back in 2014, Ecuador had not had any relationship with the World Bank for 8 years. But since then, when Alberto Rodriguez, World Bank Director for Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador and Peru took office, the institution has engaged in a long-term financing plan with Ecuador. “Back in those days, commodities were at a high price, allowing Ecuador to finance most of their projects. They decided to disregard our council. But, this all changed when commodities plunged,” he said. He…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?