The EMAC (Municipal Company for Waste Management) wants to remind people of their “BioEmac House.” This place exchanges organic compost or organic waste for organic fertilizer. The BioEmac house is located across from the Garaicoa School, on Avenida Veinticuatro de Mayo. You can bring your organic waste to the current BioEmac House in a proper container or bag and receive a specific amount of organic fertilizer in exchange. This organic waste should be solely made up of vegetable and fruit remains. “It’s difficult to say how much of the compost could have been usable food, but most of them should…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale