The Ministry of Education published the statistics from the 2017-2018 academic year for both the Coast and the Sierra regions. From the 4.1 million students in the two regions, over 560,000, meaning 13.7% had to retake their final exams. The two subjects in which most students fail are math and English. Spanish, literature and physics are also among commonly failed subjects. In the Sierra region, 17% of the students had to retake their math tests; 13.2% had to retake their English tests; 11.7% had to retake their Spanish test and 6.5% had to retake their Physics test. The highest percentage…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?