This past Monday, President Lenín Moreno, announced his decision to grant a presidential pardon to Pablo Chambers, the ex-seer of the contracts that Fabricio Correa had with the country. Moreno said, “Consistent with the line of not criminalizing opinion or criticism, I have arranged to immediately process the presidential pardon for Mr. Chambers, who was prosecuted and sentenced after acting as a seer of contracts for relatives of Rafael Correa.” This Twitter announcement was followed up by one from María Paula the Minister of Government, who said, “President Moreno announces his decision to grant pardon to Pablo Chambers. His was…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?