This past week saw more gun violence in the US, with horrendous mass shootings in Texas and Ohio. Right now, it’s easy to blame President Trump for this; his continual use of rhetoric and what many of us consider hateful and racist speech certainly has some impact on what happens day to day in that country. But, blaming him for all of the 256 mass shooting in the US so far this year is like “not seeing the forest for the trees.” Because the problem of gun violence in the US has been ongoing for decades and has seen its…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?