According to data from the Association of Automotive Companies of Ecuador (AEADE), cars from China (like Chery, Great Wall and JAC) are now the third most sold brands in the country, after Korean cars (like Hyundai, Kia and Daewoo) and national vehicles (cars assembled in Ecuador like Chevy). And soon they may take second place. In 2017, 9,248 vehicles from China were sold in Ecuador. That was 8.8 percent of new cars purchased. Cars assembled in Ecuador, accounted for 40,138 sales, or 38.2 percent of the market. Vehicles of Korean origin, accounted for 15,912 units sold, for 15.1 percent of the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?