This week in Cordoba, Spain, Cuenca was designated to be the headquarters of the VIII International Entrepreneurship Congress of the Association for Training, Research and Development of Entrepreneurship (AFIDE) in 2020. Andrés Ugalde, councilor of Cuenca and member of the Housing Promotion Commission of the Cantonal Council of Cuenca, announced Cuenca’s selection. He is also a member of the Infrastructure and Public Works Commission. The city will also host the XI International Summer School Of Entrepreneurship (ISSE-2020) in 2020. This coincides with the celebration of the Bicentennial of Cuenca. AFIDE, led by a team of professionals, entrepreneurs and academics interested in entrepreneurship, is made…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?