This past Friday, a contingent of Cuenca’s students joined in the worldwide call for a march for climate awareness. This initiative is part of the global march that took place in countries all over the world. Starting at 10:30 a.m., in the Parque de la Madre, the march began with the sound of drums, maracas and tambourines, with students chanting the slogan: ‘We are all family.’ Ernesto Arbeláez, a member of the Cuenca for Climate Collective, explained that this initiative brought together various citizen groups and young students from educational centers in Cuenca He said it is a part of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?