The socialism of the 21st century “never existed,” said Ecuador’s President, Lenin Moreno. Moreno also says he is okay with taking responsibility for a sharp political turn from his predecessor, Rafael Correa—he says it has prevented Ecuador from following “the path of Venezuela.” “We have come out of that deception, the false socialism of the 21st century, that socialism never existed. On the contrary, (they were) a group of gang members, of gangsters, that the only thing they took care of is to corrupt and be corrupted,” said the president, who spoke this week at the General Assembly of the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?