In response to the increase in robberies being perpetrated by pairs of criminals on motorcycles, Guayaquil has instituted a new measure restricting motorcycle travel to one person during select hours of the evening and nighttime. To provide safety for its citizens, the National Police will focus its controls and increase patrols during the indicated hours, taking into account the new strategy of criminals. Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, from 19:00 to 07:00, only “one person (man) will travel by motorcycle,” according to a statement from the Citizen Security Corporation that was issued Wednesday afternoon. The measure was adopted based on…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.