An Argentinian who was missing for several days was found dead Tuesday night in a septic tank sealed with cement, at the home she was renting in Ballenita, a town in the province of Santa Elena, in eastern Ecuador. The preliminary autopsy report indicates that Gabriela Andrea Pedraza had multiple skull fractures and evidence that she had been dragged. The officer investigating the case said Wednesday morning that the medical examiner has reported that the woman had a striking blow at the level of the skull. Police also reported that two people have been detained for interrogation but have not…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.