Officials in Ecuador are attempting to help a Canadian man in the Galápagos Islands who locals say has been seen wandering and behaving aggressively. On Friday, an official at the Canadian Embassy in Ecuador said they were aware of reports about a Canadian man on San Cristóbal Island, the easternmost island in the Galápagos archipelago. “We are aware of the situation. We are in contact with local authorities. Because of the Privacy Act, we cannot give you details about the case or any information without the consent of this person,” the official said from Quito. The official said they have…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.