A new stabilization intervention will be carried out by the Municipality of Cuenca in the Los Pinos Alto neighborhood, as reported by the Risk Management Secretariat. Froilán Salinas, director of Risk Management of the Municipality of Cuenca, reported in an interview on Unsion TV that the entire area of said neighborhood and the Jaime Roldos citadel, has been declared an emergency and that the new intervention is urgently needed. “The construction of the retaining wall must be expanded. We will make terraces, we must change the ground, among other actions,” he said. For the execution of this new works a total of 10…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House