A total of 135 health professionals, including doctors, nurses and dentists, joined health establishments of the Northern and Southern Districts in Cuenca, to carry out their rural health year from January to December 2020. Prior to joining, the young doctors participated in a training process where they learned about the different programs managed by the Ministry of Public Health. The professionals will provide their services in the health establishments of Ricaurte, Sinincay, Sayausí, Nulti, Czech, Tixán, Paccha, Chiquintad, Octavio Cordero Palacios, Llacao, San Joaquín, Chaucha, Quingeo, Tarqui, El Valle, Molleturo, Cumbe , Victoria del Portete, Santa Ana, among other sectors.…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?