The Anti-Corruption Secretariat announced the case of six cosmetic surgeons (two in Guayaquil and four in Quito) involved in the falsification of their specialist degrees. Dora Ordóñez, Anticorruption Secretary, explained that after several investigations, they were able to verify that the fourth level titles (these relate to specialization in a field of medicine) of these citizens are false, and that one of them has not even achieved his third level degree as a doctor. “The titles that support these citizens are from the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Havana Cuba. We have called this institution and they deny…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?