In December 2019, maintenance work began on the aircraft parking platform at the Mariscal La Mar airport, which is managed by the Cuenca Airport Corporation (CORPAC), with a deadline of 63 days. As of this week, the work is 32% complete. The works will be executed in phases so as not to affect the operations of the air terminal. The improvements will consist of the replacement of concrete slabs that have fulfilled their useful life. These interventions will allow the airport to have an aircraft parking space with a longer useful life. The total cost of the work is around $180,000. Also involved…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?