Adriana Tamaríz confirmed her departure from the Culture Department of the Municipality of Cuenca during a press conference held on Friday morning at the Central School. Tamaríz was dismissed from office by Mayor Pedro Palacios after a presentation event on Friday, January 24. The event was meant to highlight the agenda for the Bicentennial of Cuenca, in San Francisco Square. At the event, a multidisciplinary art project ‘Mestizo,’ presented a critical position of the government’s actions related to the October 2019 civil protests. During her speech, Tamaríz stressed that it is “unacceptable” that Palacios asked her to resign “for what…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale