The charm of Cuenca lies in its beautiful colonial architecture in the city center. Recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, Cuenca’s El Centro is a wonderful destination for visitors because many of the most historic attractions can be visited on foot. When visiting Cuenca, then, it makes sense to stay in El Centro, to be able to step back in time, feel at one with the culture and history, to be able to walk in the parks and visit cathedrals, museums, and restaurants and just wander the city streets. Many prefer a boutique hotel rather than a big chain…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale