Cuenca and National Criminal Activity (Cuenca) On Tuesday morning, the National Police held a press conference and reported details of the arrest of the members of an alleged criminal gang dedicated to the sale of drugs. Five citizens (two foreigners) were arrested for the crime of drug trafficking and sale. The detainees identified as Franklin RB, Juan SG, Edison E., Raúl SH and Carlos E.Ch., have criminal records and arrests for possession, trafficking and distribution of drugs. As evidence, police seized 589.18 grams of marijuana, 642 grams of cocaine, two motorcycles, 19 cell phones, $96 in cash, three scales, and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale