On Wednesday afternoon, the Citizen Security Council (CSC) delivered community alarm systems to 688 families, distributed across 19 neighborhoods of Cuenca. According to the authorities, this technological system is part of the “Safe Neighborhood” project that the CSC is executing as part of preventive security actions to support the residents of various sectors. Cuenca Mayor Pedro Palacios said that the investment made in these preventive systems was $46,540. He highlighted that the purpose of implementing this program was to create community unity and solidarity. In the Coliseum of the Professional Drivers Association of Azuay, the alarms were delivered to families from the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?