Cuenca’s vehicle registration period began last week and an increase in demand is expected. It is now mandatory that before registering, cars must comply with the Vehicle Technical Review (RTV). The fine for not registering a vehicle on time is $50 and is set by the National Traffic Agency (ANT). Cuenca is the only one of the 15 cantons of the province of Azuay, that offers the RTV service. It has been doing this since 2006 and has two locations for the review: one in Ucubamba, and another in Mayancela. Juan Carlos Aguirre, Manager of the Municipality of Cuenca’s Mobility Company…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?