In the first week of collection of taxes for urban and rustic properties, the Municipality has brought in 14% of the projected fees for 2020, says Patricio Abad, the financial director of the local government. According to the latest property tax collection report, citizen payments totaled $1,750,000 in the first week; this amount is expected to double at least until January 15th, the deadline to benefit from the 10 discount % for prompt payment. The projected collection for urban and rustic properties for the whole year is around $12.3 million. Abad said that payment points are open at the windows of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuador achieves four agreements after meeting at the White House
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Tame temporarily suspends flights to Fort Lauderdale