OK guys. Prepare yourselves for an over-the-top review . . . Do you have an anniversary coming up? A graduation? Mother’s day? In need of a romantic evening out? I have the place: La Caleta, Estevez de Toral 8-17 y Mariscal Sucre, just a block and a half from Cuenca’s San Sebastian Plaza. It is a modest little restaurant, only three tables in the front room, three more in the back. Clean, modern lines inside, decorated by indigenous masks on the wall and book shelves displaying coffee table cook books. Indirect lighting, soft music. On Tuesday night, we (Jackie and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Los Perniles
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo