My client said, “What do you think of the 8-Hour Diet? I’ve heard it really works”. A recent discussion on an expat social media website had me worrying. One expat asked where they could find a certain cough suppressant for a chronic cough that had lasted a “few weeks.” Another expat recommended honey and herbs. I added my two cents and said that honey, while it could be soothing, is not a “cough suppressant,” and by the way, a cough lasting more than a couple of weeks should be addressed by a physician. After all, a cough resulting from a…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- CRIME REPORT
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden