Are you still confused about the “best” and “worst” fats? Are low-fat diets best for weight loss? Or is that old news? Myths “Fats” is not a four-letter word signifying obesity; fats are essential components of a healthy diet. However, all fats are not equal in terms of health, and in fact, eating too much of one type of oil has shown to be downright unhealthy. Although dietary fat has double the calories per gram of carbohydrate and protein (fat – 9 calories per gram; carbohydrate and protein – 4 calories per gram), eating fat won’t make you fat. Eating…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Los Perniles
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo