Verdi’s Requiem Mass, one of the most highly acclaimed masses worldwide is featuring in Cuenca, under the direction of Master William Vergara. This first-time event will be held in the Theater Carlos CuevaTamariz of the Universidad de Cuenca There are also multiple international and national guests performing. “We have been organizing this since January: The LiricoMontecristi Choir, The Pichincha Choir, The Polyphonic Choir of the Municipality of Loja and the Juvenile Choir of the Higher Conservatory Jose Maria Rodriguez. Also, as national and international soloists we have: Ruth Diaz from Guayaquil; Nathaly Davila from Quito; Cristian Karim from Argentina and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology