A specialized health unit will be visiting different Cuenca sectors for a home vaccination campaign against Measles. They will be making visits daily from eight in the morning until 1 pm. Furthermore, you can find vaccination booths at the land terminal and schools throughout the city. There has been only one registered case of Measles in the city of Cuenca, which sparked in Venezuela. Nevertheless, the Ministry of Health is not taking any chances and is suggesting a full vaccination campaign to avoid a possible outbreak. There are seven registered cases of Measles in Ecuador; they all sprung abroad. Vaccines are…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?