A team of seven University of Azuay (UDA) students is headed for California (U.S.) to compete for top honors with an invention that purifies water with sound waves. The Hult Prize is awarded annually for products ideas that improve the lives of people in poor countries. Winners of the competition will be announced March 9 and 10 in San Francisco. The team won first place at UDA and came in second in Ecuador in the first two rounds of the competition. Sponsored by the Hult International Business School in San Francisco, London, New York and Dubai, the Hult competition aims…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?