A new initiative by the city of Cuenca will include the Tres de Noviembre Market in the tourist routes of El Centro. The Tourism for Cuenca foundation and Municipal Office for Markets added the mercado as another option for tourists to enjoy local gastronomy and traditional products. “This initiative wants to increase the sales levels in the market, and promote the gastronomy identity of the city.” said Manolo Cárdenas, Markets director. The vendors at the Tres de Noviembre Market, located at Calle Lamar and Hermano Miguel in the historic district, say that sales have decreased due to the Tranvia works, and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Los Perniles
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community