The city of Cuenca and the Ecuador transportation ministry have signed and an agreement with United Nations for consulting services for the Cuenca tram project. Under the agreement, signed January 16, the UN Development Program will provide consulting assistance to assure a smooth start to tram operations, including developing safety plans for vehicular traffic interaction with the tram, making sure infrastructure is ready for operations and providing information to residents living on the tram line President Lenin Moreno was in Cuenca to sign the agreement along with Cuenca Mayor Marcelo Cabrera. “Today, we make official this agreement, so that the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Los Perniles
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community