Representatives from the Azuay Tourism Chamber (CTA) have proposed a “twinning” project connecting Cuenca, Spain and Cuenca, Ecuador, as a way to improve tourism in Ecuadorian city. The ultimate goal of the project is to promote the city in the world. “Cuenca, Spain invests $15 million on tourism. Meanwhile, our city invests only $1 million and we have ten times the population,” says Patricio Miller, president of the CTA. Announcement of the new project was made during a visit by the CTA group to Spain. The Ecuadorians were attending the Tourism International Fair (FITUR), one of the most important annual…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology