Motorcycles are fast, fun and loud. And there are more of them in Cuenca than ever due to increased sales in 2017. According to local dealers, you can expect to see even more in the future. Miguel Guerrero, owner of “AlmacenesLaran” (Laran Stores), said that at his stores, motorcycles sales doubled in 2017 compared 2016. He adds that his business sells about 40 a month. For many, motorcycles are an attractive option due to limited salaries. Compared to an automobile, purchasing a motorcycle is far cheaper, and fuel and maintenance costs are also much lower. Motorcycles can be purchased to…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?