The building for the new modern bus terminal for the Gualaceo canton was inaugurated on Thursday, May 9th. This new building is three times larger than the previous terminal, and is valued at $2.97 million dollars. This was the last project handed over by the previous administration, and the new administration will be in charge making it functional, which is probably not at a 100% yet. This new terminal is an answer to a decades-old plea from the populace. Its main goal is to create a link between the Sierra and Amazonian regions. It is estimated that over 5,000 daily…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?