Over the past year, I’ve presented in Cuenca on “best” and “worst” diets for weight loss. I always focus on eating for energy, and if you’re working out, to fuel your fitness. So when I saw a recent report on the inability of ‘Biggest Loser’ contestants to keep their weight off, it struck a cord. Not only do the majority regain their considerable weight, some have regained more. And not only that, the reality show now has a spinoff! As described on Business Insider, a series called “The Big Fat Truth” seeks to highlight “bad” behaviors and mentalities that…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?