The Ministry of Environment (MAE) reported the rescue of a stranded South American Sea Lion (OtariaFlavencens). The event occurred on Saturday 6th of April in the Tres Cruces beach, in Salinas. The park rangers from ReservaPuntilla de Santa Elena and other technicians from the MAE carried out the rescue. The sea lion was found weak and in bad shape on the coast. “Due to the signs of malnourishment and weakness, the animal was taken to Parque Marino Valdivia to be attended by veterinarians specialized in marine life, in order to stabilize it,” reported one of the rescuers. The rescuers used…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology