“Feel nature and live new experiences” is the proposal of the Rural Tourism Community Sayausí, which offers three packages of what they call “experiential tourism”. In a press trip, organized by the Municipal Tourism Foundation for Cuenca, some 20 people, including local journalists and representatives of tourism operators were part of the tour to learn about the project. The first stop was the central church of the parish, where the ritual of the Chakana or Andean Cross was fulfilled, to receive the blessings of Mother Earth. Later, the members of Rural Tourism Sayausí, took their visitors to the properry of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo